Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Body and Sprit

"A spirituality that is divorced from the body becomes an abstraction, just as a body denied its spirituality becomes an object."- Alexander Lowen.

     Is it really true that there is a war between our minds and bodies - between our logic and our emotions - between our conscious and subconscious minds - between our spirit and our flesh?

     Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that we are units with many different aspects ... And sometimes we artificially isolate one of those aspects from the others? Sometimes we ignore our guts. Sometimes we don't listen to reason. Sometimes we indulge our bodies in hedonism or float away in our heads.

     As I sit here soaking up the sound of bird chirps and the sight of one of my cats, Sparklet, draped over a shelf next to a window looking out on weeping willow trees after a rain, the spirit never seemed less disembodied. I feel my Higher Power in my bones. S/He/It is some indescribable wholeness within and around and on and over and through and Beyond me.

     And spirit can flow through your body too. Balance is the key. And awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment